Goodbye 2011 :)

Just found this post on tumblr, and I knew I had to repost it here in my blog.

I hated 2011. And yet I loved it.

I loved it because it was a season of restoration, reflection and reinvention. It was a year where although the lows outnumbered the highs, the highs clearly were greater in value than the lows. It was a year of revelation and family. It was a season of meeting new friends, opening up to new experiences and, while there is regret, of maturity. It was a year of discovery and rediscovery, of purpose and vision.

It was of leaving the past and forgiving myself, of starting anew, which still isn’t an easy thing for me to do.

But I will do it anyway.

Because that is how life is: we move on, we forgive, we stop dwelling on the past, we stop focussing on the wrong decisions and we look to the future, regardless of how bleak or clouded the future is.

Because when everything seems at its darkest, the light will always come through. Because the dawn will come, and the promises are still kept. And they will not delay. Because while anger and regret lasts only for a moment, favour remains for a lifetime.

Because there is still hope. No matter how far one has fallen, no matter how many stupid choices one has made, no matter what the past is.

There is Hope.

And there is the Beginning.
2011 was a good year. Let's hope for a better 2012!

Happy New Year everyone!

Stay in God. Stay in Love. Stay in sight of your Goals. Stay Safe. Stay Alive. Stay Happy!

Cheers to 2012! :)

XOXO ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe, one day.

Inner Peace